Senior Financial Analyst
JRC is seeking an experienced and motivated hands-on professional for this position. This position will provide accurate and timely preparation of various monthly financial reports for financial management review to support budgeting and forecasting analysis. A key requirement of this position is the ability to provide concise lucid written commentary with various financial reports. The successful candidate will serve as a partner in the analysis, planning, budgeting and forecasting process on the Corporate Staff.
- Minimum of 2 years directly related experience in financial analysis, budgeting and forecasting, and financial modeling is required
- Expert proficiency in MS office applications (MS Excel, MS Word, MS PowerPoint and MS Outlook, with an emphasis on advanced MS Excel features)
- Preparing monthly run rates and accruals in conjunction with Exec's and Department Heads
- Proactively contributing to the planning and execution of cost efficiency initiatives throughout the company as assigned by senior management
- Ability to communicate with all levels of management
- BA/BS degree in Finance or Accounting required
If you possess these talents, we would like to hear from you. Journal Register Company provides a comprehensive benefits package. Please send your resume to: email@example.com.
National Digital Account Executive
Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information, is seeking a National Digital Account Executive in our corporate office. This new role is responsible for prospecting, developing and growing digital business for national accounts across our 154 websites in 5 major markets. This role will build creative recommendations to clients to help them accomplish their marketing goals. In addition, the role tracks, manages and optimizes national digital campaigns for optimal performance.
Successful candidates will possess 3+ years successful media sales experience and demonstrate past success working with agencies and clients related to national advertising sales. The role also requires creative thinking; excellent customer service and organization skills; and the ability to build strong relationships and exercise excellent follow up. Experience with a NY agency is preferred. 20% travel is required.
Interested candidates should forward a copy of their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Management System Support Specialist
Join the Information Technology department and be part of a leading media provider of local information online and print in the Northeast market.
As a Content Management Systems Support Specialist you'll be part of a deployment team that will be upgrading our Content Management (Editorial) Systems to new enterprise applications. You will be tasked with working closely with the business using your technical knowledge to develop solutions that meet or exceed their requirements. This position reports to the Director of PMO/Financial Management Systems.
Successful candidates will possess 5+ years experience developing solutions in Visual Basic .net connecting to SQL and other Databases in a media company. Experience with Web/CMS Design is also a must.
Additional skills or knowledge are: Project Management methodologies, Software Development Lifecycle methodologies, Documenting Project requirements, system designs, test and deployment plans, and experience supporting Content Management systems and business end users.
Candidate must be an effective communicator with the ability to work in a team environment. Must possess sound business judgment and good customer satisfaction skills and the ability to lead others in a changing fast-paced deadline oriented environment.
For information please send cover letter, resume and salary requirements to email@example.com.
Digital Advertising Sales Manager
Delcotimes.com, leading news and information website, is in search of an experienced Digital Advertising Sales Manager. In this high profile position, you will present interactive advertising solutions to new and existing accounts in the Philadelphia region and beyond. A proven track record with online sales is required for this position.
In order to be qualified for this position, you must have the following:
- Prior sales/sales management experience dealing directly with the decision makers
- Ability to create high quality advertising proposals that include market research, website statistics and long term online advertising solutions
- Excel in working in a team environment
- Strong ability to adapt to emerging technology
- Ability to overcome obstacles and create efficiencies
- Experience in monitoring contract performance, addressing customer needs and keeping abreast of industry trends/changes
- A goal achieving attitude
- Perform 4-legged sales call with territory account executives
If you're ready for a bright future in a progressive company with unlimited earning potential including a strong base salary, the Delcotimes.com may be right for you. For more information, please apply with cover letter, resume and salary requirements to: Lshaffer@delcotimes.com.
Online Traffic and Analytics Coordinator
Journal Register Interactive is seeking an Advertising Traffic and Analytics coordinator. Position is based in Southgate MI (Greater Detroit).
Key Duties include:
- Ensure that online campaigns are implemented in an accurate and timely manner based on key defined metrics of relevance, impression goals, click goals, user interaction, and revenue
- Provision, track, measure and analyze the performance of all active and pending campaigns
- Regularly compare campaign objectives vs. performance data and identify strategies
- Work collaboratively with the product, marketing, and business development teams to recommend campaign modifications, leveraging understanding of advertiser and product performance
- Assist with transition to new Yahoo APT ad serving platform
- Assist with providing monthly revenue and traffic benchmarking reports for all JRC sites
- Manage national ad campaign via agencies such as Centro
- Schedule Yahoo! Hot Jobs recruitment advertising schedules
- Assist with generating OAS Real Media and Omniture tags for "new" or "existing" sites
- Minimum of 2 years of ad trafficking experience with one or more ad servers or targeting marketing applications (e.g., 24/7 Real Media - OpenAdStream, DART, DoubleClick AdServer 4.0, or Atlas/Accipiter)
- Understanding of fundamental advertisement campaign goals, and performance metrics. Extremely proactive and highly organized, with the ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously
- Self-motivated, enjoy taking initiative
- Detail oriented, highly collaborative and able to work effectively in a dynamic environment with diverse teams
- BA / BS Degree preferred but not required
Please forward your resume, cover letter and salary expectation to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Helpdesk Specialist/ PC Technician
This is an ideal opportunity for an individual with experience in a Server and PC Support Technician role. You will be responsible for providing quality desktop support for all Windows and Mac based systems providing 1st level analysis, problem resolution, and record problem tickets in a helpdesk ticketing system. The main responsibilities include:
- Document new trouble tickets
- Troubleshoot and repair issues related to HP desktops and laptops
- Install, configure and troubleshoot Citrix client and VPN clients
- Troubleshoot basic user network issues both wireless and on LAN
- Install and troubleshoot computer peripherals (printers, scanners, monitors and projectors)
- Good understanding of Active Directory
- Strong knowledge of Windows XP, Windows 7 and Mac OS
- Support and troubleshoot MS Office 2003 & 2007
- Install, troubleshoot and archive users emails in MS Outlook 2003, 2007
- Identify issues related to viruses and quickly quarantine and clean
- Install both standard and non-standard software
- Must have strong problem solving skills and ability to diagnose and administer systems remotely
- Able to lift 30 lbs
To be successful in this position you must be a strong team player, with ability to work in a team environment and possess superb customer service skills. The ideal candidate must have exceptional phone/communication skills with the ability to relay technical information to users in easy to understand terms. At least 2 years in a helpdesk environment is a plus.
Please forward your resume and cover letter to: email@example.com.
The Journal Register Company Marketing team is seeking an intern to assist in co-operative advertising efforts along with other special projects within the department. In this internship you will:
- Learn about the day to day functions of an advertising business
- Gain knowledge of multi media advertising
- Learn how local retailers use national branding to drive local sales
- Gain experience working on national sales campaigns
Co-operative advertising - Cooperative advertising is an agreement where a manufacturer shares part of a local retailer's cost of advertising in exchange for mentioning the manufacturer's brand in the advertising.
- Research and locate co-operate advertising opportunities
- Learn about design of ads
- Work with sales in utilizing co-operative advertising plans (obtain pre-approvals, process claims, ad approval, reimbursement process, track advertising dollars)
Sales and Marketing campaigns - Program created to promote sales and drive revenue
- Research sales leads from market intelligence
- Help with sales and marketing collateral
- Gather rates and data from internal and external sources
- Some exposure to outside multi-platform media selling
- 35% research and general administrative duties for advertising/co-op programs - written, verbal and e-mail correspondences
- 35% assist in the competitive media sales initiatives
- 10% assist with a variety of special projects including facilitation of the sales planning process
- 10% create sales materials including PowerPoint presentations
- 10% other duties as needed
- Strong organizational skills, ability to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines
- Detail oriented
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office product (Word, Excel, PowerPoint) and Outlook
- Working knowledge of Internet and ability to use the Internet to do light research
Digital Product and Sales Training Specialist
The Journal Register Company is seeking a Digital Product and Sales Training Specialist. In this newly created position, you will lead the digital product sales training efforts at JRC.
- Maximize sales team effectiveness by developing digital training solutions that support sales reps and managers
- Collaborate with sales management and staff to develop and update training programs
- Develop/deliver digital product and sales programs and/or support digital initiatives
- Develop/administer program assessment tools (i.e. exams, quizzes, performance demonstrations, etc)
- Travel to sites for product launches, site training and field rep ride-a-longs
- Utilize appropriate evaluation methods to measure performance and competency
- Confront/resolve rep issues with digital products
- Ensure quality of digital sales training programs through continuous monitoring and evaluation
- Report effectiveness of sales training programs and implement change as required
- Establish and maintain professional team relationships with peers, management and other departments
- Maintain records for all training/education activities and metrics
- Provide development of staff members by sharing knowledge, skills and expertise
- Positively promote company image
- Attend digital product development implementation, or other meetings to develop product training strategies
- Actively participate in digital product performance improvement activities
- Serve as a role model to promote digitals revenue increases over many product platforms
- Other duties assigned as needed
- Must have at least two years of successful digital media sales experience
- Must have a complete understanding and working knowledge of digital platforms (digital display, video, mobile, email, social media and other)
- Excellent business partnering, influencing and presentation skills
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, especially PowerPoint
- Must be proficient in developing and conducting a webinar training session
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented, and ability to effortlessly multi-task in a fast-paced, constantly evolving environment
Travel: At least 50% travel is required
Compensation: Based on experience
Location: Position will be based in Yardley, PA
If you are a proven sales leader with strong digital media product experience and the ability to take charge, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to John Krivosheyff at firstname.lastname@example.org.
National Account Executive
Journal Register Company, a leader in local news and information, serving 992 communities in 10 states is seeking a National Account Executive for its Digital Sales Division. This proven leader will be responsible for national revenue development and growth for all of JRC properties working with major/national accounts.
JRC is looking for an executive who can:
- Grow, maintain and solicit major/national account revenue.
- Develop, present and implement interactive marketing proposals for major/national advertisers and ad agencies that included market research, website data and long term online advertising solutions.
- Recommend new and enhanced products and marketing strategies.
- Cultivate and maintain a mutually beneficial working rapport with an account base.
- Find solutions to major/national account challenges, including marketing needs, site location, and product development and promotion implementations.
- Provide key information to senior management including sales recaps, customer feedback, and industry trends.
- Negotiate, implement and monitor interactive revenue contracts.
- Develop annual and quarterly forecast budgets for major/national account categories assigned
Candidate must have established relationships with national accounts and digital agencies.
Strong understanding of internet advertising and website functionality
Candidate should have proven track record in growing revenue with key major accounts.
Strong leadership capabilities.
Excellent negotiating and problem solving skills.
Must be able to multi-task.
Excellent written, oral and presentation skills.
Must have strong knowledge of appropriate computer software including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
College degree preferred.
If you are a proven sales executive with strong digital experience and great contacts, please forward your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to: email@example.com.